Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wow... It's been a while!!



So I know I made myself a vow to stay constant with my blog with regular updated posts. Though, with this new career path I've taken plus my second job at night. I've found hardly anytime to even keep up with my dishes.

So to update everyone a little I convinced my lovely boyfriend to build me a chicken coop!! One night during bed I radomly said to him "I want chickens!" His face was priceless he had both a confused a shocked look on his face. None the less I proved to him I was insistant and wasn't going to back down. I made the an argument how I only buy brown organic eggs, so why not have my own laying hens. I was planning to only get two Rhode Island Reds and two Plymouth Rock Barrens, however by the time I left my local farm & feed store I walked away with three of each.

Over time I've become a huge fan of poultry and find the stinking adorable and cute so in April I added two Khaki Campell duckling and in May I added three Silkies; 2 Buff and 1 Black. For now my flock is complete and I'm having a blast with them all. My Rhode Islands and Plymouth Rock Barrens should begin to lay sometime this June and I can't wait!!

*Pictures to come, my computer doesn't want to upload them!

No comments:

Post a Comment